Get the Compensation You Deserve
What do you do when you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO? The consequences of such accidents can be devastating, resulting in serious injuries or even fatalities. In such situations, you need the help of an experienced Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents Attorney Kansas City Mo who can guide you through the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
At Ricket Law Firm, we understand the challenges faced by victims of motorcycle and bicycle accidents. With years of experience representing clients in Kansas City and throughout Missouri, our attorneys have the knowledge to help you navigate the legal system and achieve the best possible outcome.
Our firm takes pride in providing compassionate and personalized legal representation to each of our clients. We are committed to helping you obtain the compensation you need to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages resulting from your accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and determine the best course of action for you. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
What Are Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents?
Motorcycle and bicycle accidents are incidents in which a person riding a motorcycle or a bicycle collides with another vehicle, pedestrian, or object, resulting in injury or damage. These types of accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, including driver error, road hazards, mechanical problems, or weather conditions.
Motorcycle accidents typically involve larger vehicles such as cars, trucks, or buses and can result in serious injuries or fatalities due to the lack of protection for the rider. On the other hand, bicycle accidents can involve collisions with motor vehicles, pedestrians, or other bicyclists and may result in injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, or spinal cord injuries.
In both cases, motorcycle, and bicycle accident victims may need an experienced attorney’s help to protect their rights and seek compensation for their injuries and damages. An attorney can help investigate the cause of the accident, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue legal action if necessary to ensure that the victim receives fair compensation for their losses.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Kansas City?
According to a report published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 2018 was the deadliest year for cyclists in the United States in 30 years, with 857 cyclists killed in traffic accidents. The research concludes that cycling deaths include:
- 75 percent more frequent in urban regions than in rural areas (25 percent)
- Occur with the same frequency in all four seasons
- Mostly occur between 6 and 9 p.m.
- Eight times more prevalent in men than in women.
- Include alcohol approximately 37% of the time.
Much more common are bicycle collisions that result in injuries. Annually, bicycle accidents result in the following:
- Around 25,000 hospital admissions
- There are around 600,000 visits to the emergency room annually.
- Around 1,2 million clinic visits
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Kansas City?
The most recent statistics released by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (“NHTSA”) reveal that the overall trend of fatalities involving motorcyclists is gradually decreasing. The frequency of fatalities involving motorcycles declined by around 2 percent between 2013 and 2014 and by 6 percent between 2012 and 2013. Yet, there were around 4,500 motorcycle fatalities in 2014, demonstrating a continuing need to find a national solution to this problem.
What are the Causes of Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents in Kansas City, MO?
There are several common causes of motorcycle and bicycle accidents in Kansas City, MO, including:
- Driver Negligence: Many accidents are caused by drivers not paying attention to the road or driving recklessly. This can include distracted driving, speeding, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Lane Splitting: Lane splitting is a dangerous practice where a motorcyclist rides between lanes of slow-moving or stopped traffic. This can cause accidents if the other vehicle’s driver does not expect the motorcycle to be in between lanes.
- Poor Road Conditions: Potholes, uneven pavement, or debris on the road can cause motorcycle or bicycle accidents. These hazards can be especially dangerous for motorcycles due to their smaller size and less stable balance.
- Weather Conditions: Wet roads, heavy rain, snow, and ice can make it difficult for motorcycles and bicycles to maintain control and stability, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Vehicle Defects: Defective motorcycles or bicycle parts, such as brakes, tires, or steering components, can cause accidents and result in serious injuries or fatalities.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO, an experienced attorney can help investigate the cause and pursue legal action against the responsible party.
How to Prove Who Caused the Motorcycle or Bicycle Accident?
Proving who caused a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO, can be challenging, but an experienced attorney can help gather evidence and build a strong case. Here are some steps that an attorney may take to prove who caused the accident:
- Conduct an Investigation: An attorney can investigate the accident scene, gather witness statements, and review police reports to determine what happened leading up to the accident.
- Gather Evidence: An attorney may gather physical evidence, such as photographs of the accident scene and damage to vehicles, as well as medical records and police reports.
- Consult Experts: An attorney may consult with accident reconstruction experts, medical professionals, or other specialists to gather additional evidence or to provide testimony.
- Interview Witnesses: An attorney may interview witnesses at the scene of the accident and gather their statements to support the victim’s claim.
- Review Insurance Policies: An attorney may review the parties’ insurance policies to determine liability and coverage.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: An attorney may negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that the victim receives fair compensation for their injuries and damages.
Proving who caused a motorcycle or bicycle accident can be complex, but with the help of an experienced attorney at Ricket Law Firm, victims can seek the justice and compensation they deserve.
What are the Common Injuries in Motorcycle or Bicycle Accidents?
Motorcycle and bicycle accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor scrapes and bruises to life-changing disabilities or even fatalities. Some of the most common injuries sustained in these types of accidents include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): These are caused by a blow or jolt to the head and can range from mild concussions to severe, life-threatening injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These are caused by damage to the spinal cord and can result in paralysis, loss of sensation, or other serious complications.
- Fractures: Motorcycle and bicycle accidents can result in broken bones, particularly in the arms, legs, and wrists.
- Road Rash: Road rash occurs when the skin comes into contact with the pavement, resulting in painful abrasions and lacerations.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These include injuries to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments and can result in pain, swelling, and reduced mobility.
- Internal Injuries: These are injuries to organs or other tissues inside the body and can be life-threatening if not treated promptly.
Injuries sustained in motorcycle and bicycle accidents can have long-lasting effects on the victim’s health, financial stability, and overall quality of life. Suppose you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO. In that case, it’s important to seek medical attention right away and consult with an experienced attorney to protect your legal rights and seek compensation for your injuries and damages.
Damages You May Recover After a Motorcycle and Bicycle Accident
Suppose you are involved in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO. In that case, you can recover damages for the losses you’ve suffered as a result of the accident. Some of the most common damages that victims of these accidents seek to recover include:
This can include the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy, and any other medical treatment you need to recover from your injuries.
If your injuries prevent you from working, you can recover lost wages for the time you’ve missed or the reduced earning capacity you may experience.
Pain and Suffering
This can include physical pain, emotional distress, and other non-economic losses you’ve suffered as a result of the accident.
This can include the cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle or bicycle and any other property damaged in the accident.
Wrongful Death Damages
Suppose a loved one has died as a result of a motorcycle or bicycle accident. In that case, you may be able to recover damages for their medical expenses, funeral costs, and other losses.
An experienced attorney can help you assess the damages you’ve suffered and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your losses. If necessary, your attorney can also pursue legal action on your behalf to seek the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and damages.
What Should I Do After Motorcycle and Bicycle Accident?
If you are involved in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO, there are several important steps you should take to protect your health and your legal rights:
- Seek Medical Attention: Health and safety should be your top priority after an accident. Even if you don’t feel like you’ve been seriously injured, it’s important to seek medical attention right away to ensure that any underlying injuries are identified and treated.
- Call the Police: Contact the police and ask them to come to the scene of the accident to create an accident report. The report will include important details about the accident, which can be used as evidence in any potential legal claims.
- Collect Information: Collect as much information as possible at the scene of the accident, including the contact information of any other parties involved, the license plate numbers of any vehicles involved, and the contact information of any witnesses.
- Document the Scene: Take pictures or video of the scene of the accident, including any damage to your motorcycle or bicycle, any injuries you or others sustained, and any road conditions that may have contributed to the accident.
- Contact an Experienced Attorney: An attorney who works with motorcycle and bicycle accident cases can help you navigate the legal process, including negotiating with insurance companies and pursuing legal action if necessary.
Remember, the moments following a motorcycle or bicycle accident can be chaotic and stressful. By staying calm and following these steps, you can protect your legal rights and ensure you receive the care and compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle And Bicycle Accidents Attorney Kansas City Mo?
If you have been involved in a motorcycle or bicycle accident in Kansas City, MO, you may be wondering if you need an attorney to help you with your case. The answer is a resounding yes, and here’s why:
- Experience and Knowledge: An experienced motorcycle and bicycle accident attorney has the knowledge and experience to navigate the complex legal process of pursuing compensation for your injuries. At Ricket Law Firm, our attorneys have years of experience helping clients injured in motorcycle and bicycle accidents.
- Legal Strategy: An attorney can help you develop a legal strategy tailored to your specific case, including gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and negotiating with insurance companies. Our attorneys at Ricket Law Firm are skilled at creating customized legal strategies that maximize compensation for our clients.
- Insurance Companies: Insurance companies often try to settle claims for as little as possible. An attorney can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys at Ricket Law Firm have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies to get our clients the compensation they deserve.
- Courtroom Representation: If your case goes to trial, you will need an attorney to represent you in court. Our attorneys at Ricket Law Firm have a track record of success in the courtroom, and we are committed to providing our clients with aggressive representation in court.
At Ricket Law Firm, we understand how devastating a motorcycle or bicycle accident can be, and we are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they need to recover from their injuries. Our attorneys are dedicated to providing personalized attention and aggressive representation to each of our clients, and we are proud to be a trusted resource for the Kansas City, MO community.
Call Our Motorcycle and Bicycle Accidents Attorney Kansas City MO, Now!
We understand how devastating a motorcycle or bicycle accident can be, and we are committed to helping you get the compensation you need to recover from your injuries. Our attorneys have years of experience negotiating with insurance companies, gathering evidence, and representing clients in court. We are passionate about fighting for our client’s rights and ensuring they receive fair compensation for their injuries.
When you call our motorcycle and bicycle accident attorney in Kansas City, MO, you can expect personalized attention, aggressive representation, and a commitment to achieving the best possible outcome for your case. Don’t wait – the sooner you call us, the sooner we can start working to protect your legal rights and get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We are here to help you every step of the way.
We also offer the following services: