Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Kansas City, MO
The world can be a dangerous place. No matter how careful you may be, there are times when an injury is unavoidable. The consequences of such incidents range from a small scratch to catastrophic injury. Injuries don’t just cause physical pain; they can also bring financial loss, emotional and social consequences, and diminished quality of life.
If someone else’s actions have injured you, it’s unfair for you to deal with the terrible consequences of injury. This is where personal injury comes in. It allows Americans to get justice for these unfair injuries by getting the other party to pain for the suffering they’ve caused. Our experienced Kansas City personal injury attorney from Ricket Law Firm can help you get the justice you deserve.
If you’ve suffered injury from the actions of another person, call us. Our Kansas City personal injury law firm will handle your case to get you just compensation.
Why do I Need A Personal Injury Attorney in Kansas City, MO?
Picture this: a regular Joe going about their daily business when tragedy strikes suddenly. A sleepy driver hits their car; a negligent doctor ignores their symptoms; or a careless friend lets their dog bite them. In the examples above, none of it is the victim’s fault. Yet, the personal injury victim suffers from the physical pain, medical bills, and emotional turmoil that result from these injuries.
Not all attorneys are the same. Personal injury is a complex practice area, and experience makes the difference in ensuring you get a speedy but fair resolution. At Ricket Law Firm, our trial-ready attorneys will fight for you, whether it’s at the negotiation table or the courtroom.
Here are some reasons why you should hire our Kansas City personal injury attorney:
- Experience makes the difference: The longer your case goes, the more time and money you’ll spend. Intimate knowledge of state and federal personal injury laws will accelerate your case, getting you justice much faster.
- Policy change is the goal: Our goal is not just to get justice for you but to prevent the same things from happening again. Through pursuing compensation, we hope to make long-term changes that prevent further injuries from happening.
- Our track record shows we can win your case: Our personal injury attorney at Ricket Law Firm has helped personal injury victims recover millions of dollars in damages. We have already won for our past clients. Allow us to represent you!
- Deal with the insurance company: Insurance companies are businesses: their goal is profit. They are not above tactics to cheat you out of money or even deny your claim. Our savvy attorney knows their tricks and can ensure you receive the maximum benefit you need.
Don’t suffer in silence. Our personal injury attorneys are here to ensure you’re well compensated for your pain. Call us now so we can discuss your potential personal injury claim.
Personal Injury Defined
Personal injury law, commonly called “tort” law, enables a victim of an accident or other incident to bring a civil action in court and get compensation (known as damages) for all losses resulting from the incident.
The personal injury system aims to enable the injured person to receive financial compensation or to be “made whole” after suffering harm due to another’s careless or purposeful behavior.
Did you or a loved one suffer a debilitating injury at the hands of a negligent physician or medical professional in Kansas City, Missouri? Turn to our Missouri medical malpractice attorney for help.
Did you or a loved suffered a debilitating injury at the hands of a negligent physician or medical professional in Kansas City, Missouri? Turn to our Missouri med mal attorney for help.
If you suspect that your loved one has been suffering any type of neglect in their nursing homes, call a skilled nursing home neglect lawyer in Kansas City to help you know your legal options and fight for their rights.
If your child has been hurt while in the care of a negligent daycare facility, call our daycare abuse attorney. We will fight to get the compensation you and your child deserve.
How Do I Win My Personal Injury Claim in Kansas City?
The other party won’t just accept blame for your injuries. Personal injury lawyers they hire will use tactics to disprove your claim. For accident cases, you must prove that the other party was negligent in their actions. Here are the elements to prove that the other person was negligent:
- Duty: You have to show that the other party has a legal duty to act in a certain way. For example, a doctor has the duty to give you competent medical care, or a driver has a duty to their passengers and other motorists.
- Breach of duty: Next, you’ll have to demonstrate that the defendant did not act following their duty. For example, a doctor did not order the necessary lab tests, or a driver was texting while driving, which caused an auto accident.
- Causation: You also have to show that the negligence caused your injury. The doctor in our examples above can claim that though they did not order tests, they were not related to your medical condition. They are claiming that the negligence did not cause the injury.
- Damages: This legal term refers to the losses you’ve suffered, financial or otherwise. You have to show that the severe injury caused damages that the defendant has to compensate for.
Our Kansas City personal injury attorney will take the evidence and weave the elements together to show that you deserve just compensation. If you want to receive justice for your personal injury, hire our attorney from Ricket Law Firm. Call our law office today for sound legal advice and skillful legal representation!
What Kind of Damages Do I Get in a Missouri Personal Injury Case?
One valuable skill of personal injury attorneys is valuing the worth of a personal injury case. At Ricket Law Firm, we can give you a clear picture of how much you can expect to receive from filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Compensatory damages are those that intend to pay for the injuries you’ve suffered. A compensatory damages award is meant to make you “whole” from a financial standpoint. This category covers both non-economic and economic damages.
Here are the most common compensatory damages for personal injury claims:
- Medical bills,
- Lost wages,
- Lost earning capacity,
- Property damage,
- Pain and suffering,
- Emotional distress,
- Loss of enjoyment, or
- Loss of consortium.
The courts can also award punitive damages. These are intended to punish the plaintiff by hitting them in the wallet.
If you’re wondering how much you stand to gain from filing a personal injury case, call us. Our Kansas City personal injury lawyer can walk you through the calculations so you can get the financial compensation you deserve.
Call our Kansas City Personal Injury Attorney Today!
Personal injury is a practice area that helps you get justice through a civil case. If you get injured when you shouldn’t have, then it’s only right to get the party at fault to pay for the damages you’ve suffered. Our Kansas City personal injury attorney from Ricket Law Firm can get you the justice you deserve.
Since the beginning of her practice, Ashley Ricket has handled cases involving personal injuries. With decades of experience in this practice area, she can quickly and effectively get to the heart of the issue to find the best solution. Her efforts typically result in long-term policy improvements that protect people from further harm.
The longer you wait, the shorter your window becomes. You could miss your deadline to recover compensation. Call our Kansas City personal injury law office to talk to our skilled attorney.